Thursday, November 15, 2007

NEW ZEALAND TRIP PART ONE



I MISS NEW ZEALAND.

DAY ONE.
The 20 students and 2 teachers who were going to NZ met at Terminal 2 at Changi Airport.
There were 8 girls;



  • Me.

  • Alicia.

  • Liyana.

  • Gracia.

  • Victoria

  • Shalin.

  • Dakshayani AKA Ducky!.

  • Abigail.



    • And there were 12 boys;

    • Desmond.

    • Shi Jie.

    • Dion.

    • Ahmad.

    • Ming Hong.

    • Amos.

    • Jordan.

    • Robin.

    • Sharavana.

    • Yusof.

    • Rayson.

    • Ezra.


    • And the 2 teachers;

    • Mr Bjorn Lim.

    • Ms Joyce Tham


    • We checked in our luggage/big bags at the Malaysia Airlines counter. Once we checked in, we waited for the rest at the back. After everyone has checked-in, Mrs Chua talked and prayed for us. We said our last goodbyes to the people who were sending us off. It was kind of sad and Ducky! felt like crying. We went into the Departure place and waited to board the Malaysia plane to stop over at KLIA AKA THE BEST AIRPORT IN THE WORLD. uh-yeah.
      I sat with Gracia and Liyana in the plane!









        When we reached KLIA, we went to the gate and waited for the plane to get us to Auckland. The workers there are so lame. They asked Liyana how Singapore got its name, so Liyana told them the Sang Nila Utama story but the workers said something which was FREAKING LAME, it's not even funny. I just giggled and smiled and walked away.


        We boarded the plane and I sat with some guy I didn't know who. I think he's Indonesian-NO, I wasn't referring to Ezra. So I just sat next to him in silence. We didn't speak to one another. Wait, we did. I showed him where to pluck the ear phones in. HAH.
        I watched Hairspray and a little bit of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Dinner on the plane was alright.

        DAY TWO.
        I woke up in the plane and it was 3.30AM, Singapore time. We were on our way to Auckland! :D
        I opened my window a little bit and I saw A VERY PRETTY VIEW.



        The air-stewardess gave me my breakfast. They gave us a choice of Nasi Lemak or Omelette with Sausage. I ate omelette and I felt like vomitting. It sucked.
        When we reached Auckland, we boarded the bus to get us to the Sir Edmund Hillary Outdoor Pursuit Camp (OPC) and Dion's aunt and uncle was there to welcome him! So nice.

        The scenery was nice! They have hills with animals eating the grass. I saw MORE cows than sheeps. But I did see sheeps. :D I took some crappy pictures along the way.











        We stopped over at some cafe for Lunch which had a nice scene of a river behind it. You can actually eat at the verandah and enjoy the view. Nice! The ice cream at New Zealand looks very cheapskate but it's very nice!!! The cone was nice la eventhough some of them said they saw a rubbish bin with so many cones inside.










        We were back on the road to get to OPC!
        When we reached OPC, the moment I stepped out of the bus, I started chattering like no one's business. But I got alright when I stepped into the girl's dorm of the chalet!

        We went to the canteen to eat our dinner and the Nanyang Girls were there. Um-yeah, Whatever.
        After dinner, we had our briefing and were sorted into our groups.
        I was in group 2 with;


        • Gracia



        • Ducky!



        • Shalin



        • Dion



        • Jordan (Hyena!!)



        • Robin



        • Ahmad



        • Ezra



        • Sharavana (Saha/Sharapova)


        DAY THREE.
        Our trainer was Christina. We played exciting and team-building games within our groups for the whole day.

        There was this game called the log. We had to arrange ourselves by our birth date. Apparently, I am the youngest in the group but I was sitting amongst the Jan and Feb babies. So I had to move OVER most of my group members and they had to move OVER ME!!

        There was this Trust Fall game which was very nice. We had to fall back and our groupmates will "rescue" us. Good game!

        OH YES!!! There was also this game called the Magic Tie. A game that I will NEVER EVER FORGET. The objective of the game was to send ALL of your group members to the other side of the "river" but only ONE PERSON can wear the tie. So we came up with a plan of piggy-backing 2-3 people. THERE ARE VERY STRONG PEOPLE IN OUR GROUP! :DD

        In total, we played 10 games the whole day. We didn't really bond but we were starting to bond. :D

        After 2 days, the room is seriously very very very messy. If my dad was there at that point, he would be shouting at us. HAHAHA!!!







        DAY FOUR.
        WE WENT CAVING! & we saw a rare spider species that were half spider-half cockroaches. AND WE SAW GLOW WORMS!!!!!!!!! Jordan did his hyena laughter and the Nanyang Girls thought there really was a hyena and they looked so scared! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!
        Caving was such a great experience that I WILL NEVER FORGET!
        We had lunch and Jacob briefed us about the group and stuff.





        After caving, we stop over at some place and took pictures of the mountains. Mount Doom and Mount Ruapehu (if I'm not wrong)

        After visiting the mountains, we went to some place which had this big wall. We call it, PRISON BREAK. AHAHAHAHAHA!!! We had to climb over and it's really tall. I climbed and when I reached the top, I looked down AND I FROZE. I lost my grip and slid down the wall. SORRY ROBIN.

        Then, we did FLYING FOX!!!! OH MY GOD! THE SCENERY WAS VERY BEAUTIFUL!!! There was a majestic river below us in the middle of the flying fox. VERY PRETTY!!
        When Dion was in the middle of the rope, Jacob sent a plastic bag filled with water over to him and when the bag reached Dion, DION WAS SOAKED!!
        When Jacob was doing his turn of the flying fox, Dion actually wanted to send 2 bags of water to Jacob but Christina said no and she'll find a way. So Dion only sent 1 bag. LUCKILY, Jacob's camera didn't get wet OR ELSE. We can just say good-bye to our pictures.
        Oh yes! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER BAG?
        Christina dumped it over DION. AHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

        We went back to OPC and bathed ourselves and we went to the canteen and watched the guys play football and table tennis.

        We ended the day by performing on what we did for the day. Our group did caving!
        Shalin: Come on girls! You can do it!
        Ducky!: I'M STUCK!!
        Shalin: JUST PUSH!!!
        Ducky!: *starts pushing and making funny sounds*
        *Audience is laughing*
        After Ducky!, Amirah and Gracia is finished pushing themselves in-between 2 rocks, they saw Glow Worms.
        Gracia: EH, GLOW WORMS!!!
        Glow Worms: STARE WHAT STARE?
        *Audience and actors are laughing*
        Amirah: Let's make a wish!!
        After making a wish, Amirah's itchy fingers touched Robin the Glow Worm. The Glow Worm died in a very spastic way.
        *Everyone was laughing*
        THE END!

        HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!! IT WAS SO FUNNY LA.

        I shall continue the rest of the trip in the next post.
        MORE PICTURES.
        MORE ADVENTURES.


        UGH!!! IM GETTING MY RESULTS BACK LATER!!

        No comments: